ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] New open and archived list

  • To: bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] New open and archived list
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:08:35 -0400

Hi folks,

It's good to see that the mailing list is finally unmoderated and
visible to the public. Hopefully other constituencies make the same
choice in the interests of transparency. Just a couple of
notes/questions:

1. Our "current rules" for list behaviour are quite old and still
refer to moderation and other archaic things like 1 post per day.

http://www.bizconst.org/communication.htm

I'm assuming that limit isn't in effect (wasn't ever enforced) and the
"real" limit, if there is one, would be the 3 per day which was in the
latest revised draft of the BC charter (which still has yet to be
approved by the constituency and/or ICANN, and which still awaits a
new draft to satisfy concerns raised by ourselves and other members
several weeks ago).

2. I believe Philip meant the archive is in the "public" and not in
the "public domain", i.e. members still retain copyright to their own
individual posts, and don't relinquish that copyright simply by
posting their words to this list.

3. I note on the GNSO Council list that each constituency will be
receiving USD $3,327.30 from the old DNSO funds:

These funds of course should be used to reduce current or future
membership fees of BC members, and we should see at some point
(perhaps once we have an elected Treasurer as per the comments of many
to the revised draft charter) a revised budget reflecting the receipt
of those old funds.

4. As the due date for 2009 BC member invoices was last week, will we
be seeing an updated BC members list reflecting any members who
decided not to renew? Also it would be nice to see an updated contacts
list, as we've not had one sent out in a while.

5. The link to the BC mailing list should be updated at:

http://gnso.icann.org/commercial-and-business/

to point directly to the new public archive.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269
http://www.leap.com/