ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Comments on the IRT draft report

  • To: bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Comments on the IRT draft report
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 03:59:01 -0400

Hi folks,

We just submitted our comments (in 2 parts) to the IRT draft report:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/irtp-draft-report/msg00015.html (long!)

http://forum.icann.org/lists/irtp-draft-report/msg00016.html (shorter,
and you can admire our pretty pictures explaining what new TLDs really
mean)

We noticed BC member CADNA issued a press release today echoing our
own comments of 2 weeks ago that the comment period was simply too
short:

http://sev.prnewswire.com/computer-electronics/20090505/DC1159805052009-1.html

The deadline is today (May 6) if you want your comments to be
considered by the IRT in their final report. You can submit comments
after May 6 (and before May 24), but their impact on the final report
is apparently nil. Instructions on how to do so are at:

http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-24apr09-en.htm

which includes the report itself and a link to all comments. Feel free
to endorse, copy, or borrow any material that you might agree with
from our own comments if you're pressed for time, or you might want to
simply write complaining about the lack of time to properly submit an
analysis before the deadline, to get ICANN to reconsider its timelines
(or at least to be on the record about that).

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269
http://www.leap.com/