ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Report from ICANN oversight hearing

  • To: "'bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Report from ICANN oversight hearing
  • From: Phil Corwin <pcorwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:44:54 -0400

As noted I will not be on today's call as I am at the Internet Subcommittee's
oversight hearing on ICANN, which has just begun.
I plan to provide a full report. But let me note two very important things
before the call begins-
1-There is remarkable turnout both by Members of the Subcommittee and the
public (SRO in a large hearing room). ICANN is no longer an obscure issue on
Capitol Hill.
2-On a bipartisan basis Members have noted in opening statements continuing
problems with ICANN's functioning (while noting some improvements) and
expressed great concern to outright opposition to terminating US oversight.
Philip S. Corwin
Partner, Butera & Andrews
1301 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004
2026635347/Office
2022556172/Cell

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Branch Rickey