Re: [bc-gnso] Treasurer / Treasury group for accountable and transparent budgeting
- To: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] Treasurer / Treasury group for accountable and transparent budgeting
- From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:53:39 -0500
i would be happy to participate in a committee like the one George is
suggesting -- i think it's a good approach. i've got some credentials
in the Finance area, having served as Controller of the University of
Minnesota (a $2.2 billion/year operation) and various stints at
Coopers & Lybrand over the years.
On Jun 23, 2009, at 2:23 AM, George Kirikos wrote:
To followup on Liz's suggestion, here's a direct proposal:
1) that a small committee of three people (perhaps volunteers or
elected) who are NOT councillors be either be responsible for the
2) aligned with #1, and to ensure accountability, the annual budget be
voted upon, and thereby require a majority vote to be passed.
We also believe the Secretary should be an elected position, but that
should be a separate discussion.
- - - - - - - - -
handle OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook,