ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Transition

  • To: BC gnso <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Transition
  • From: Liz Williams <lizawilliams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:54:33 +0100

Hello everyone

I wanted to follow up from our conversations in the meeting yesterday.

I would like to propose that we hold a specific session on transition issues to deal with:

1. completion of our charter which will include the identification of all of the "positions" that require filling in the organisation

2. a timetable for transition which includes elections (refer back to my strawman proposal which I posted several months ago)

I think we need at least a half day using the services of an objective facilitator -- the existing ExCom/Councillors should not be in the "chair" for this event.

I volunteer to prepare a "background paper" and set of documents that will help us make those transition plans become reality. I would like other volunteers to help.

I propose that we have this meeting very shortly -- whilst everything is still fresh from the Sydney meeting to give us enough time to make changes before the Seoul meeting.

Liz

Liz Williams
+44 1963 364 380
+44 7824 877757