ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Has Philip Sheppard violated the BC charter?

  • To: BC gnso <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Has Philip Sheppard violated the BC charter?
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:37:50 -0400

Hi folks,

I am literally shocked to see that Philip has submitted a statement on
behalf of the BC on the IRT, see:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/irt-final-report/msg00087.html

saying:

"The BC recognizes the work and efforts of all those who participated
in the IRT. The BC believes that this report is a productive step
forward in addressing several issues with respect to new gTLDs."

in particular given that 5 BC members (more than 10%) did not support
that statement, and indeed supported my alternate proposal. Section
7.4 of our charter is explicit:

http://www.bizconst.org/charter.htm

"Where the discussion mechanism indicates a split in the Constituency
of more than 10% of the number of paid-up members, there will then be
a vote (typically by e-mail) on the position."

There has been no such vote.

Philip needs to explain why he should not be disciplined under 3.6 of
our charter, for making such a statement on behalf of the
constituency.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269