ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] George Kirikos

  • To: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>, BC gnso <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] George Kirikos
  • From: Phil Corwin <pcorwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 14:06:14 -0400

Without taking sides or casting blame, I am starting to be concerned with
whether the BC will be standing in the end if this list continues to be filled
with personal spats and accusations.

I don't know about others but I barely have the bandwidth to read all the BC
and other ICANN e-mails on substantive issues of import to my client, much less
for digressive disputes that leave me feeling the need to take a long hot
shower after reading.

Can't we find a way to disagree on issues without being disagreeable?

The BC issue I am concerned about right now is that we have a proposed BC
charter revision just put on the table in the last week which apparently has to
be forwarded to ICANN in final form in less than two weeks. As I read that
proposed charter I have concerns relating to BC members' ability to effectively
advocate when they have an issue viewpoint at odds with the BC consensus,
internal resolution processes, and budgeting. Is there a way we can get back on
track to have a reasoned discussion of that proposal that accommodates
consensus revisions in the limited time we have to consider it?

Thank you for your attention. Give peace a chance.

Philip S. Corwin
Partner
Butera & Andrews
1301 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004

202-347-6875 (office)

202-347-6876 (fax)

202-255-6172 (cell)

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Branch Rickey