ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] GNSO council post on "formal request" from the BC on travel funding

  • To: BC gnso <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] GNSO council post on "formal request" from the BC on travel funding
  • From: George Kirikos <icann@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:35:12 -0400

Hi folks,

I noticed this post on the GNSO Council mailing list that purports to
be a "formal request" from the constituency:

"The BC formally requests travel funding for Philip Sheppard, as a
retiring council member, for the Seoul meeting."

I don't recall the BC taking a formal vote or discussing this matter
at all. If some one can point me to the email(s) I missed in the
archives, I'd appreciate it. Before we start handing out gold watches
for retirement, perhaps these issues should be discussed internally
amongst BC members first?

With remote participation tools, certainly the need for a physical
presence in 2009 is much less than say in 1985. I recall Rita Rodin
participated via video at the last meeting, for example, and didn't
miss a thing.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
416-588-0269