ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] BC call next week

  • To: <berrycobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] BC call next week
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:11:45 -0400

I have a 5 p.m. Paris time call booked with the BC, but just a note: I am
arriving in Paris at 6 a.m. and have business sessions and meetings booked all
day. I will do my absolute best to be on the call at 5, but may be a few
minutes late.
I saw a great mark up from Mikey O'Connor earlier, and offered some suggested
edits, of eliminating the outreach v.p., and having an Adm/operations/finance
V.P., instead with the treasurer function reporting in there, and having
outreach at the chair level as a 'committee'.
While the purpose of this call is about improvements and ideas for future
organization, can we put the topic of closed Council meetings on the end of hte
call. I was shocked to see that the GNSO Council is planning closed meetings at
the face to face meetings.
I gently remind all that BC members who struggle to get funding to come to
these meetings, and attend over the week ends, and work diligently to keep up
to date, really need to expect openness and transparency from the elected
reps.The change to any kind of closed meetings is a major change and would need
consultation with the membership. I can see some times to go into executive
session/which would be closed, or of course, the Council could return to its
older practice of having dinner with each other to get acquainted... but
otherwise, the time on Sat and Sun needs to include the members who pay the
dues, and support any elected councilors.  This probably can be worked out very
easily, but just hearing about closed meetings, without any feedback to the BC
members is a little disconcerting.