ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Follow up from last week's conference call

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Follow up from last week's conference call
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:56:36 -0400

Thanks, Liz. However, I think that we need to get the changes that were
discussed on the call drafted into a draft charter. Also, there were
discussions about having staged elections.  The attached proposallooks too much
like a 'flash cut' or changeover, but without yet having developed the changes
in the draft Charter.
At this point, with Seoul so close, it doesn't seem reasonable to expect to get
everything done but we should have a redraft on the charter with changes
discussed for consideration before Seoul.
Since there are so few attendees from the BC in Seoul, I would like to have
more discussion before hand, perhaps even with a cross constituency
participation, so that everyone in the membership of the three groups has a
good understanding of the proposed CSG.
I don't think that a 'flash' cut with everyone being elected all at one time,
especially for two years,can work out. We need more involvement from a broader
set of members to discuss the changesand reach agreement on a charter for the
BC, as well as understanding what the CSG is going to do, and how it will be
supported.
Realizing that Gary is leaving shortly, and will be greatly missed, it seems
also time to have a briefing from the ICANN staff regarding staff support
options
Marilyn