ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] i'm a candidate for AOC reviewer too

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] i'm a candidate for AOC reviewer too
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 00:30:32 -0600

ah!  good idea Ron.

i'll tag along -- i also submitted my name.  here's the text of my candidacy
letter...

mikey

 - - - - - - -

Dear Selectors and Reviewers,

I am submitting my name as a candidate for the Affirmation of Commitments
Accountability and Transparency Review Team and am also requesting GNSO
endorsement for that candidacy.  I am a member of the GNSO Commercial and
Business Users Constituency (CBUC).

I’ve combined (and gently rewritten) the ICANN and GNSO calls for applicants
into a single series of questions that I answer on the following pages. I’m
treating this response as a “portfolio of work completed” in hopes that it will
be useful in evaluating whether my knowledge, skills and approach are a good
match for the position.

I have tried to stay within the 3-page guideline specified in the ICANN call
for applicants, but the additional GNSO questions were my undoing.  Apologies
for going slightly over the limit with this combined response.

I am volunteering for this role because I think I can make a substantial
contribution to the project, I have the time and I enjoy this kind of work.
I’m also hopeful that I will be viewed as a candidate who can responsibly
represent the views of the whole GNSO, not just the CBUC.

Thanks very much for your consideration and your efforts as reviewers and
selectors.

Sincerely,

Mike O’Connor

phone   651-647-6109