ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] FW: final and updated agendas/update re CSG session/apologies to the BC list/use THIS set of materials

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>, Steve Metalitz <met@xxxxxxx>, "cdigangi@xxxxxxxx" <cdigangi@xxxxxxxx>, Wolf Knoben <knobenw@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jaime <jaime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] FW: final and updated agendas/update re CSG session/apologies to the BC list/use THIS set of materials
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 07:40:57 -0500

Steve, Sarah, Tony, Antonio, Claudio, Wolf, BC members,

Guys, sorry, things are moving quickly here.
Wolf has met with me and Antonio during the AoC Review Team open session and we
have identified with his input a serious problem with the amount of time
previously allocated to the discussion of this topic.
Accordingly, as noted earlier, on today's 6 p.m. call which is open to all
members of all these constituencies Wolf will take ten minutes to outline the
timeline, including that the evaluation team will meet Thursday. The rest of
the agenda will be the open roundup.
Secondly, Tony and I consulted with Wolf and have modified the CSG agenda
accordingly to allocate 30 minutes to discussion.  I realize that there are
three applicants for these seats within the BC. We will not evaluate any
candidates in this session.  I will urge all of our members to be very
sensitive to the fact this is an open session.  In the meantime, the CSG
execomm members can discuss how to accelerate the development of a process to
develop the advancement of names from this SG.
I understand that members are extremely interested and are asking for insight
and involvement in a CSG process. This email is conveying that feedback to the
CSG ExComm members.
I will remind all that there is a second one hour call on Tuesday, which
presently presents an opportunity for discussion about topics that arise on
Tuesday.  This call/meeting can be reconfirmed on Monday's call/meeting at 6
p.m.
the final list of candidates AND updates on agenda for the CSG segment. The
other material in the agendas with the briefing re the Breakfast is unchanged.
My apologies to the BC list that I am changing the CSG agenda.  The phone
numbers remain unchanged, so don't lose the earlier email, but use this version
of the agendas.
Finally, an update to all of you, I have invited Markus Kummer,Executive
Secretariat of the IGF as a guest to the breakfast tomorrow.  I did that after
talking to a few folks about the topics for the breakfast and apologize for the
surprise and that I didn't have a chance for full consultation.