[bc-gnso] NO HUDDLE TONIGHT/BUT 8 AM. TOMORROW, IN COFFEE CAFE /8 A.M.
- To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>, jonathan nevett <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leigh <leigh@xxxxxxxxxxx>, jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jonathan Zuck <jzuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <amack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [bc-gnso] NO HUDDLE TONIGHT/BUT 8 AM. TOMORROW, IN COFFEE CAFE /8 A.M.
- From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:29:49 -0500
REMINDER THAT THE PUBLIC FORUM STARTS AT 8:30 A.M./AGENDA BELOW: PLEASE TRY TO
COME BY 8 A.M. AND DISCUSS AS A GROUP THE ITEMS BELOW AND THE PUBLIC MIKE
OPPORTUNITIES. THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL EXCHANGE BUT SOME TOPICS WILL HAVE
EXISTING BC POSITIONS AND IN THOSE CASES, WE WILL FIGURE OUT WHERE A PUBLIC
MIKE STATEMENT IS NEEDED, AND WHO CAN MAKE IT.
Agenda details: THURSDAY, PUBLIC FORUM
– 8.35 Chair, Nominating Committee
– 8.50 Independent Review Panel decision
[MSC Chair’s Note: This will be the
discussion of the .xxx decision.]
– 10.45 New gTLD implementation issues (Part one)
Mark protection mechanisms
delegation dispute mechanisms
– 11.00 Break
– 11.45 New gTLds implementation issues (Part two)
communications plan launch
– 12.00.Accountability and Transparency Review
– 12.10 DNS security; DNS Cert
12.10 – 12.30 Any other issues
This is a reminder/invitation to all of you to come at 8 a.m. to the coffee
area, grab a coffee, and join in an informal 'huddle' to discuss the Public
Forum Agenda, and identify what topics you are going to be speaking on at the
mike. When there is a position of the BC, we will assign a speaker to convey
the BC position, if that is suitable to the agenda. However, there are many
topics on the Forum agenda either where the BC does not have a position, or
where members have different views.
In some cases, we don't have positions, but will have questions to ask. In
some cases, we have pre existing positions. but in many cases, some topics will
lead to members wanting to speak in their individual capacity to ask questions.
I'd just like to gather a list of where you want to speak. We'll do a bit of
sorting tomorrow a.m. and also identify any other topics.
I HAVE INVITED PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS AND OUR NEWEST MEMBER, JON NEVETT TO JOIN
THIS IS AN OPTIONAL GATHERING, BUT I HOPE YOU WILL COME ALONG.
MARILYN CADEBC CHAIR