ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Policy Calendar for 31-Jan-2011 BC Member call

  • To: "'Steve DelBianco'" <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Policy Calendar for 31-Jan-2011 BC Member call
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:10:44 -0500

Dear All,

I listened to Marilyn's comments regarding the "USG negotiating position" on
the BC call today and then went back to review the documents Steve sent to
the list.  The idea of a single government holding a veto power is untenable
for business, but I don't believe that it is in the constituency's best
interest to confront the GAC with this issue.  I am wondering what the
members think about splitting up the seven points of discussion and lending
business' support to those aspects that the BC can find consensus on?  That
then would enable the BC to note business' resistance to government veto and
other aspects that are non-starters.

Any support for this approach?  If so, could you also suggest supporting or
dissenting language to get our BC position started?

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff

RNA Partners, Inc.