ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Draft BC comment on proposed .NET Renewal

  • To: "'bc-GNSO@xxxxxxxxx GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Draft BC comment on proposed .NET Renewal
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 21:11:51 +0000

ICANN is gathering responses to the proposed renewal of .NET registry contract.
Attached is a discussion draft for BC response prepared by Elisa Cooper  (with
edits by Mikey O'Connor and Steve DelBianco)

On our 21-April BC member call, we discussed our approach for this comment, and
there was universal support to request Verisign to have a "Thick WHOIS" service
in .NET
Elise and Mikey added two additional requests based on new gTLD registry
contract requirements:
 - Add TM Claims Service once the TM Clearinghouse is operating.
 - Add URS  (Uniform Rapid Suspension)
ICANN's Comment period closes 10-May.    Our member call on 21-Apr was 21 days
before deadline, and today's draft is circulated 8 days before deadline.
We can submit this response later if members feel they need the entire 14-day
review and discussion period.
Please review and post your suggestions/edits as soon as possible.   If there
are no disagreements noted by 10-May, this response will be adopted without a
voting period, and posted to ICANN.

For topic background, see http://icann.org/en/public-comment/#net-renewal
Thanks again to Elisa Cooper and Mikey O'Connor for drafting this comment.

Regards,
Steve DelBianco
Vice chair for policy coordination