ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] FW: NCPH Election for BOARD SEAT 14: second round of voting results - Election outcome announced below

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] FW: NCPH Election for BOARD SEAT 14: second round of voting results - Election outcome announced below
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 12:04:11 -0400

The Elections Officer, Glen de St. Gery, has posted the election outcome for
the Board Seat 14.  Bill Graham has received 8 votes, which meets the 60%
threshold required, and is a duly elected Board member, via the agreed voting
procedures within the NCPH. Thus, the election is concluded, with the outcome
announced below.

I am forwarding an exerpt from the message to the Councilors/officers of the
House, to the BC-GNSO list for your information. I will craft a note to Bill
and to Avri, thanking both for standing for this election.  Should you wish to
send private messages to either candidate, please do so to their individual
emails, and not on the BC public list.
We were fortunate to have two candidates, and I know that we all appreciate
that both were willing to commit to the time commitment and responsibilities
associated with being an ICANN Board member. As all of you know, Board members
do not represent the entities that elect them, but have a broader
responsibility to the full community of ICANN stakeholders. Only six Board
members are actually elected. Eight are 'selected' via the Nominating Committee
process, which will also be making decisions /deliberating in June.
On a separate note, the BC will be convening a discussion with the Nominating
Committee members pre and during Singapore to have discussions regarding the
challenges facing ICANN.
This election outcome will mean that Bill Graham, as a duly elected Board
member via the NCPH [non contracted party house] will attend the May Board
retreat, and be seated as a Board member at the conclusion of Singapore's Board
meeting.
 As you all know, Peter Dengate Thrush, the Chair, and Rita Rodin Johnston will
be leaving the Board at the end of the Singapore meeting. I will be announcing
some ideas for how the BC might recognize departing Board members during the
ICANN meeting.  We will save that for later discussions. In the meantime,
thanks to the BC members for your ongoing input on this important election, and
to our BC Councilors for their service in representing the interests and views
of the BC.

 This message below regarding outcome of the election was sent from the
Elections Officer, as noted above.
Marilyn Cade, BC Chair
The second  round of voting for the NCPH election for the ICANN Board Seat 14
closed on Friday, 6 May, 2011 at 23:59 UTC.
As per the election procedures, the candidate receiving at least 8 votes wins.
The candidates have been notified of the results.·         Eight (8) votes for
Bill Graham·         Five (5) votes for Avri Doria
All thirteen votes were registered.