ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Filed today: Draft v3 of BC comments on latest gTLD Guidebook

  • To: "'bc-GNSO@xxxxxxxxx GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Filed today: Draft v3 of BC comments on latest gTLD Guidebook
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:21:12 +0000

On 11-May I circulated draft v2 of BC comments on the latest Applicant
Guidebook (see email below).  Since then, here are changes made per requests
from members to the final version filed with ICANN today (attached):

- Deleted request for further economic studies.

-  Edited the section on initial batch size for application processing.
Retained our recommendation for initial batch to be fewer than 500, but omitted
previous point about discrete limited rounds. (p.3)

-  Per John Berard's answer, we dropped the definition request he had written
for the limited public interest process.

-  Per Mike Rodenbaugh, we recommend that Registry Agreement sections 2.9 and
4.5 refer to our proposed definition of a Single-registrant TLD and include
flexibility to have selective criteria for eligible registrars. (pp. 9 and 10)

-  Per Zahid Jamil, Marilyn Cade, and Philip Sheppard, we noted previous BC
support for GPML, but did not add a specific recommendation to the guidebook.
(p.1-2)

-  Per Marilyn Cade and our GAC Scorecard comments, we noted focus for
Communications and outreach program.  (p.2)

Thanks to all the BC members who contributed to this comment process.

--Steve

On 5/11/11 11:39 AM, "Steve DelBianco"