ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] IRTP recommendation about locking during UDRP

  • To: "Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx Mailing List" <Gnso-irtp-b-jun09@xxxxxxxxx>, "bc-GNSO@xxxxxxxxx GNSO list" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>, Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, "Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx Wong" <Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Neuman <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, Kristina Rosette <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] IRTP recommendation about locking during UDRP
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:33:52 +0800

hi all,

i'm just lobbing a suggestion into the "locking during UDRP"-recommendation
discussion that's going on in advance of the Council meeting coming up later
today.  this note is primarily aimed at my Councilors, colleagues in the BC and
fellow members of the IRTP-WG, but i've copied a few others just because i can.

as a member of a working group that's wrapping up two years of work on this
stuff, i am hoping that the Council will not rewrite our recommendations on its
own.  this is a repeat of the "i'm trainable" comment i made in SFO.  what i'm
hoping is that the Council will vote the recommendation up or down and, if it
would like, sends the defeated recommendation back to the working group for
refinement.  you can even include suggestions if you like.  but please don't
make changes to our recommendations without giving us a chance to participate
in the process.

you can invoke all the historic "Council should be *managing* the policy
process, not being a legislative body" arguments in this paragraph if you like.

i'm still trainable.  :-)

thanks,

mikey

- - - - -