ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] ATRT Page -- helpful location information

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] ATRT Page -- helpful location information
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:23:53 -0400

Dear BC members,
The new practice in ICANN is to have dedicated pages for certain topics, such
as ATRT and SSR. That makes the materials a little hard to find, and some
materials on ATRT were posted only on Saturday or Sunday, however, to help
members keep on top of the ATRT, please bookmark this link and you will be able
to find all future relevant updates [we are promised that we will see lots of
forthcoming materials for comment and input.  Many of the ATRT elements will
influence issues that the BC members are very concerned about related to ICANN
governance, as well as the policy work of the GNSO.
 http://www.icann.org/en/accountability/atrt-status-10jun11-en.htm
I am optimistic that the Board Committee welcomed the suggestion of a briefing
webinar, and if that happens, we will have an improved opportunity for those
interested in getting a better sense of how ICANN is implementing the ATRT
recommendations. It was disappointing to us to learn that so little substantive
work has actually been done.  But, from sitting in the various Board Committee
working sessions when the ATRT assigned elements were discussed, I believe that
the Board members are fully committed to the successful implementation, so
let's expect a lot of upcoming work.