ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] climbing down out of the high branches

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] climbing down out of the high branches
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:37:57 -0500

hi all,

i'm posting this note to the same lists that i posted my "stepping back for a
while" rant to last week.

as i said during the public-comment period last Thursday, i'm sortof like a
small furry animal that couldn't handle the situation on the ground.  so i ran
up into the high branches and started pooping on everybody below.  sorry about
that.

wiser heads have prevailed upon me to keep at the work, and i've agreed to do
that.  my main focus will be the work of the DSSA group, as the others have
pretty much wrapped up.  i'm still just as cranky about the situation with the
bottom-up decision-making process but i've decided not to punish my DSSA
co-chairs by leaving them holding the bag for all the work they were counting
on me for.

thanks to all who reached out, including those who twisted my arm.  guilt is a
good motivator.  :-)

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356