ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] BC Members Call, July 14 2011 - Adobe connect chat transcript

  • To: Bc-Gnso <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] BC Members Call, July 14 2011 - Adobe connect chat transcript
  • From: Benedetta Rossi <secretariat-bc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:35:08 +0200

Dear BC Members,
Please find attached the chat transcript from the Adobe Connect test session
held during the last BC Members Call on July 14th 2011.

Kindest Regards,

Benedetta Rossi
BC Secretariat

BC Members Call Adobe Connect Chat  11 July 2011  10.00 hrs EST

Chris Chaplow: Hi Berry, first in

Berry Cobb: Hey Chris.

Berry Cobb: Glad we're using this now.

Berry Cobb: need to get all members on and we can do hand raising here.

Chris Chaplow: yes, did you loose Adobe for a second just then, my internet
connect was lost for 10 sec

Berry Cobb: all good on my end

Zahid Jamil: hi everyone

Mikey OConnor: hi Zahid..

Chris Chaplow: just learning this one, converting Steves calendar to PDF to put
on main window

Berry Cobb: They certianly will have a challenge to raise awareness with the
$750k in the latest RFP.

Mikey OConnor: It would be nice if Marilyn and Steve could have had this debate
before we have to sit through it all

Mikey OConnor: Why don't you ExComm folks do a pre-call to iron this stuff out
in advance...

Ron A: Good morning, Gents.

Chris Chaplow: Morning Ron

Chris Chaplow: Interesting , I was going to say, there is a huge spectrum of cc
whois

Steve DelBianco: and on that spectrum are some ccTLDs who don't reveal any
Whois, right?

Steve DelBianco: To Mikey: a lot of Marilyn's suggestions come to her "in the
moment" so I share your frustration, Mikey

Chris Chaplow: I dont know of examples of that but some require paper
substantion of identy etc to register or transfer

Steve DelBianco: Zahid -- are you ready for the Channel 2 walk-thru?

Chris Chaplow: Zahid must have dropped out of Adobe but he is on Verizon call
meeting view

Steve DelBianco: Mikey and Berry -- please be ready to weigh-in on the council
motions regarding PEDNR and RAP

Chris Chaplow: I was surprised to see another public comment on the IRTP recs.

Mikey OConnor: that's the Board layer -- does seem a little redundant, but it's
part of the deal.

Chris Chaplow: support motion as is, no mods

Mikey OConnor: yep, me too.

Berry Cobb: me three

Berry Cobb: @Steve, I agree WRT to PDP process stuff be separate from the BC
take on the IRTP recommendations.

Berry Cobb: we did have Rr support in IRTP

Steve DelBianco: I heard that registrars objected to .net taking on thick whois

Chris Chaplow: I think so, it was just  the UNKNOWN that held us back

Berry Cobb: all I can confirm is the consensus from Rr on the IRTP

Chris Chaplow: ho ho

Berry Cobb: Im under the impression that they take their views back to their
constituency.

Berry Cobb: man those below the belt punches sting....

Ron A: Agreed, Mikey.

Palage: How long is this call secheduled to go on for?

Mikey OConnor: i think it ends now?

Palage: Did not get that far through the agenda'

Palage: about 1/2 right now

Mikey OConnor: yep

Berry Cobb: And when it goes back toWG, all stakeholders are welcome to join.
Yes?

Palage: Congratulations Mikey - you have now graduated ICANN Policy 101 - you
may now move forward to your graduate work

Mikey OConnor: LOL!!

Palage: You have seen the light

Palage: Unfortunately people need to invest years in order to "experience " the
unique ICANN bottom up consensus driven model at work

Mikey OConnor: Berry - yep, the WG never closed so anybody can join

Mikey OConnor: Michael -- agreed -- but the WGs are a great place to do that.

Chris Chaplow: Does a working group ever formally diband?

Chris Chaplow: sorry disband

Berry Cobb: when they close the email group?

Chris Chaplow: close email list without ceremony or advising the members

Mikey OConnor: how long *IS* this call scheduled for?  Chris, do you know?  it
sounds like we're headed for 2 hours.  is that right?

Berry Cobb: Couldnt JAS lead to bylaw changes?

Chris Chaplow: It is certainly looking that way. I don't remember any specific
advanced timing

Steve DelBianco: if the JAS WG report only gives a minor mention of bundling,
could GNSO Council call attention to the idea as part of their endorsement?

Ron A: That would be VERY helpful Steve.

Steve DelBianco: agree.  though it does "tinker" with the WG report doesn't it

Chris Chaplow: 2,3,4,6,8 clauses

Ron A: @ Steve: It is more about acknowledging that the GAC, ALAC, BC and
others are supporting this movement...

Mikey OConnor: just reviewed the RAP resolution.  another 2 years down the
drain.  no action forthcoming.  bah.  i hate it.

Mikey OConnor: Berry, i just sent you an email with the non-actions highlighted.

Steve DelBianco: Mikey & Berry -- is the resolution accurate when it says that
no consensus was achieved w/r/t the no-action items?

Chris Chaplow: Hotel Des Almadies in Dakar

Mikey OConnor: Steve, yeah those last ones are fine.  we didn't get to
consensus.  but we *did* get to consensus on the rest.

Steve DelBianco: are we "testing" Adobe?   No need for that!

Palage: shout out to those on the bleeding edge

Mikey OConnor: woohoo!

Ron A: +1 Chris!

Berry Cobb: great tool to help gauge consensus on the fly for pdp too.

Mikey OConnor: we hate the RAP resolution though...

Chris Chaplow: no we are testing the software but my management of it

Chris Chaplow: For the next call I suggest Bene provide link to chat and brief
instruction in the call announcement email

Chris Chaplow: This is permanant link to the BC Adobe Connect
https://icann.adobeconnect.com/busnsconst

Steve DelBianco: so long, guys.   Got to drop now.

Chris Chaplow: Bye Thanks Steve

Ron A: Gotta go... See/talk soon.

Berry Cobb: have to run.  Thanks all.

Mikey OConnor: bye all, me too