ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Accountability & Transparency - "ATRT" - Activities Webinar - Hold the Date -17 August 2011

  • To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>, Denise Michel <michel@xxxxxxxxx>, Benedetta BC Secretariat <secretariat-bc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Accountability & Transparency - "ATRT" - Activities Webinar - Hold the Date -17 August 2011
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:29:04 -0400

Dear BC Members
I am pleased to forward an announcement about a very important briefing/webinar
provided by ICANN that the BC members have noted as of priority: ATRT
activities Webinar.
The webinar noted will provide an overview of relevant information regarding
the ATRT, and will be transcribed, so anyone 'off line' on August 31, can still
access the briefing.  As the ATRT, and other AoC implementation issues, as well
as other Review topics are of concern to the BC, I do encourage you to
participate in this webinar.
I have asked Benedetta Rossi, our BC Secretariat, to update the BC calendar,
and we will treat this as a priority event for the BC's calendar. [e.g. I won't
hold a BC call in this time slot. :-)]
As chair, I want to promote participation of business, so I do ask that you
distribute this to your association members, and internally, to your business
colleagues, as appropriate to your company's participation in ICANN.
Marilyn Cade, BC Chair

Subject:Accountability & Transparency - "ATRT" - Activities Webinar - Hold the
Date -17 August 2011

 http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-17aug11-en.htm
Accountability & Transparency – "ATRT" – Activities WebinarHold the Date 17
August 2011 You are invited to participate in a webinar on changes ICANN is
implementing to enhance its accountability and transparency (also known as the
Accountability & Transparency Review Team recommendations). The Webinar will be
held Wednesday, 31 August, 2011 from 14:00 -- 15:30 UTC and is open to all. You
will receive an update on how ICANN's Board, Governmental Advisory Committee,
Nominating Committee, our volunteer community, and Staff are addressing the
numerous recommendations developed by the Accountability and Transparency
Review Team (ATRT) and accepted by the Board. Progress and plans will be
discussed, and your questions and comments will be welcomed on enhancements to:
The Board's governance, operations, and composition, including the Nominating
Committee processes for filling Board seats; The Governmental Advisory
Committee's (GAC's) role, effectiveness and Interaction with the Board; Public
input and policy processes; and Review mechanisms for Board decisions.

More details, along with dial-in and Adobe connect information, will be issued
shortly.