ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

Re: [bc-gnso] RE-SEND: For discussion and review: proposed BC list of implementation improvements for new gTLD program

  • To: "Steve DelBianco " <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bc GNSO list " <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [bc-gnso] RE-SEND: For discussion and review: proposed BC list of implementation improvements for new gTLD program
  • From: "Marilyn Cade " <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:52:54 +0000

Thanks, Steve.

As Chair, I want to note that although numerous discussions took place on the
BC lists, since some members raised concerns, and others expressed support, the
ExComm , after discussion, supported a new and  focused opportunity of 14 days
for members to discuss, debate, and identify support and non support for
additions to the list of Improvements to the new gTLD program.

But time is limited to be prepared for discussions w GAC and ICANN for Costa
Rica.
This discussion is a priority.

The BC letter to the Board made it clear that the BC supports ICANN, did not
ask for a delay, but noted the need for focused improvements, which can occur
before names go live into the "Root".

Improvements may include additional suggestions from members. If so, please add
those to the list. For instance, a member recently asked me if the BC can weigh
in again about mechanisms within the Guidebook that specifically affect a brand
holder as a registry.

I want to thank our Vice Chair of Policy Coordination,other members of the
Excomm, members who expressed views of any kind,  and urge members to use the
mechanism provided, via this process -- e.g. If you have changes, or comments,
please use the format that this process provides.

Those will be aggregated and analyzed, and summarized for BC members, following
the timeline Steve has laid out.

Marilyn Cade
Chair
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T