[bc-gnso] POSTED: Business Constituency supports staff proposal for IRTP-B Recc 9, Part 2
- To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [bc-gnso] POSTED: Business Constituency supports staff proposal for IRTP-B Recc 9, Part 2
- From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:43:14 +0000
Per the notice Phil Corwin and I sent last week, the BC posted this comment
today, in support of staff recommendations on IRTP-B, Recc 9.
From: Steve DelBianco
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:19:02 -0500
Subject: Business Constituency supports staff proposal for IRTP-B Recc 9, Part 2
The ICANN Business Constituency (BC) supports the staff proposal for
implementation of IRTP-B, Recommendation 9, Part 2.
Several BC members were very involved in the IRTP-B working group, and the BC
endorsed the Working Group's May-2011 Report.
As explained by staff, the proposed modifications to the Working Group's Report
* Registrar may only impose a lock that would prohibit transfer of the domain
name if it includes in its registration agreement the terms and conditions for
imposing such lock and obtains express consent from the Registered Name Holder:
* Registrar must remove the "Registrar Lock" status within 5 calendar days of
the Registered Name Holder's initial request, if the Registrar does not provide
facilities for the Registered Name Holder to remove the "Registrar Lock" status
In comparing the staff proposal to the Working Group's May-2011 report, we
determined that proposed changes were consistent with the language and/or
intent of the Working Group Report.
The BC therefore supports the staff proposal.
Phil Corwin served as Rapporteur for this comment.
vice chair for policy coordination
ICANN Business Constituency