ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Council call today

  • To: John Berard <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bill Smith <bill.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Council call today
  • From: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:17:27 -0500

A centralized WHOIS database, operated by ICANN, and outsourced, could benefit
business [and govt's and NGOs] tremendously.
NO names go live until verified payment received -- no future kiting and
tasting opportunities supported by registries, registrars, and resellers
Standards for WHOIS
Single cost for entry to registrant and single cost to anyone accessingISO
certified
This is not a discussion on who gets access, or what is displayed -- but a
discussion on benefits of standards, and a single validated database.
In  my view, high benefit to business users.
And, registrants like companies, can more easily look for cybersquatted names.