[bc-gnso] ALERTS From the Secretariat: Redesigned ICANN.ORG launches today!
- To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [bc-gnso] ALERTS From the Secretariat: Redesigned ICANN.ORG launches today!
- From: Benedetta Rossi <bc-secretariat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:21:11 +0100
Dear BC Members,
Please find below an announcement sent on behalf of Scott Pinzon,
regarding the redesign of ICANN.ORG
The redesign of ICANN.ORG <_http://ICANN.ORG_> just went live today, 27
The new information architecture arranges the resources that ICANN.ORG
offers in a more logical style. More than 38,000 pages and files were
carefully examined and migrated into the best locations, following
extensive consultation with the ICANN community:
1. Nearly 300 responses to the site survey conducted by The Revere Group
2. More than two dozen in-depth interviews with SO and AC members
3. A series of live briefings (with Q&A) across two ICANN public meetings
4. At least three briefings to Board Directors (via the Public
5. Two public webinars requesting input and concerns
Some of the new features on the site include:
* All visitors can now move directly from ICANN's home page to your SO
or AC site in one click .
* The latest Board activity and the most recent topics open for Public
Comment now show on the home page.
* The new Planet ICANN feed mixes almost every RSS and Twitter feed
from ICANN in one ever-updating resource, providing a handy tool for
monitoring ICANN developments broadly.
* The new Stay Connected bar provides site visitors with easier social
media integration to ICANN than we've had before.
* Across HTML portions of the site (thus, not in PDFs), you can now
hover your cursor over that puzzling acronym, and what it stands for
will pop up, spelled out, as a "tool tip."
* For the first time, ICANN's site can auto-detect when it is accessed
via a mobile device such as a tablet or smart phone, and present a
view speciically tailored for the visitor's type of device.
* On the home page's multi-lingual bar, you can click your chosen
language to immediately see an aggregation of all materials
available in that language. The most recent documents top the list.
Note that the changes affect, quite literally, ICANN.ORG, and not other
ICANN sites such as gnso.icann.org, alac.icann.org, the wiki sites, and
If you'd like to provide feedback or ask questions about the new look
and feel, please feel free to email communications@xxxxxxxxx
Thanks also for your patience and support during the careful process
that has brought us to this milestone. We're far from done, but I hope
you'll see the newly redesigned site as a significant improvement in
making ICANN's work more understandable and inclusive.
Director of Marketing and Outreach