ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

RE: [bc-gnso] Fake renewal notices

  • To: "'Chris Chaplow'" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [bc-gnso] Fake renewal notices
  • From: "Deutsch, Sarah B" <sarah.b.deutsch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:36:45 -0400

John, Zahid:

The attached chart may be helpful for you as you discuss the fake renewal
issue.  This chart documents the many fake renewal/registration claims we have
received inside Verizon.  Most come from companies located in China or Hong
Kong.  We've sent a cease and desist letter to each, written to the Hong Kong
Telecom Authority and the FTC, all to no avail.

Sarah

Sarah B. Deutsch
Vice President & Associate General Counsel
Verizon Communications
Phone: 703-351-3044