[bc-gnso] Policy calendar for 10-May-2012 BC member call
- To: bc - GNSO list <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [bc-gnso] Policy calendar for 10-May-2012 BC member call
- From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 15:23:14 +0000
Here is the latest BC policy calendar, for use during our 10-May-2012 member
Channel 1. BC participation in ICANN Public Comment process:
ICANN Public Comment page is here<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment>
1. Draft Advice on definitions & targets for Consumer Trust, Choice, and
Competition in new gTLDs (comments close 8-May) (link to
BC member Anjali Hansen, Better Business Bureau.
John Berard and Steve DelBianco are on this WG.
2. Security, Stability & Resiliency Review Team (SSR RT) - Draft (comments
See BC comments<http://forum.icann.org/lists/ssrt-draft-report/msg00008.html>
Jeff Brueggeman is on the WG.
3. Fake Renewal notices report (comments close 11-May)
4. .com Registry Agreement Renewal (comments close 17-May)
See comments<http://forum.icann.org/lists/com-renewal/> by BC members Phil
Corwin, Chris Chaplow, Ron Andruff, Marilyn Cade, Elisa Cooper.
5. Review of IDN ccTLD Fast Track Process (comments close 21-May)
6. .post agreement amendment (comments close 30-May)
Former board member Steve Goldstein commented on "com.post?"
7. Draft FY2013 Operating Plan and Budget (initial comments close 24-May)
Chris Chaplow drafting BC comments
8. IDN Variant TLDs - revised program plan (initial comments close 25-May)
Note: BC members are encouraged to submit individual / company comments. The
BC selects topics on which to submit official positions based on member
Channel 2. Support for discussion and votes of our representatives on GNSO
John Berard and Zahid Jamil, BC Councilors
Recap yesterday's GNSO Council teleconference on 10-May-2012
Item: Zahid's motion to create a drafting team to develop the charters for two
Working Groups on the Creation of non-binding Best Practices to help Registrars
and Registries address the Abusive Registrations of Domain Names.
GNSO Project Status available
Channel 3. Supporting discussion and voting on policy matters before the
Commercial Stakeholders Group (CSG)
Elisa Cooper, CSG Liaison, and Marilyn Cade (alternate)
Channel 4. BC statements and responses during public meetings (outreach events,
public forum, etc.)
Affirmation review team for Whois (Susan Kawaguchi, Lynn Goodendorf, Bill
Affirmation review team for SSR (Security, Stability, & Resilience) (Jeff
Remaining implementation work for gTLD expansion plan, incl BC requests for