ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] "Study Group on the Use of Names for Countries and Territories" Draft Draft Final Report

  • To: "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] "Study Group on the Use of Names for Countries and Territories" Draft Draft Final Report
  • From: "Chris Chaplow" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:58:02 +0100

Dear BC members,

As some of you may remember I am a GNSO observer on the ccNSO  “Study Group on
the Use of Names for Countries and Territories”

The group will meet in Beijing and although it is often marked as ‘closed’ on
the schedule  community members are welcome to join.

We have now reached the stage of the first version  of a draft report. Please
note, it is presented as a “straw man”.

As Paul Szylinder, the  Chair states “From previous experience, I have assumed
that the presentation of a rough draft text provides the best impetus for
stakeholders to provide comment.  That is precisely what I invite you all to
do.”

Please bear in mind this is a study group and not a working group.  It is a
‘state of play’ document. Nothing in it will be relevant to the  current first
round of gTLD applications but it may be used  by ICANN and Stakeholder for
guidance in the second round.

As any early comments gratefully received and I am open to discuss with members
who are interested in this subject at any time.

Next steps will be the publication of this draft Final report after Beijing and
then a Final report for reception by the ccNSO council.

Best

Regards,

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director