ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Seeking volunteers for drafting BC comment on RAA (Registrar Accreditation Agreement)

  • To: "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Seeking volunteers for drafting BC comment on RAA (Registrar Accreditation Agreement)
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 21:06:04 +0000

We discussed this on our last 2 Member calls, and I'm soliciting volunteers to
help draft BC comments on the proposed RAA (Registrar Accreditation Agreement).

(link<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/proposed-raa-07mar13-en.htm>)
 Reply comments close 19-Apr-2013.

Prior BC comments on the RAA have called for validation of WHOIS information
and mandatory use of the amended RAA for any registrar selling new gTLDs.
(items 5 and 6 in our Toronto list of 8 improvements):

5. Validate contact information for registrants in WHOIS.
6. All registrars active in new gTLD registrations must adhere to amended RAA
for all gTLD registrations they sponsor.

Any BC member willing to help draft comments please REPLY ALL (as an
inspiration to others!)

Thanks,
Steve

--