ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] Reconsideration of Singular-Plural contention sets

  • To: "'bc - GNSO list'" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] Reconsideration of Singular-Plural contention sets
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 01:47:31 +0000

Update:

John and Zahid may raise the idea of GNSO Council asking for a formal
Reconsideration of ICANN's decision on contention sets.

In addition the confusion/precedent/defensive concerns we've already disused,
Ron Andruff raised another rationale for Reconsideration: a lack of
transparency regarding the panelist and the process.

Best case, we get the GNSO Chair to raise this Reconsideration request at
Public Forum this afternoon in Beijing.

And now this:

An applicant whose string was fond to be visually similar was Unicom, who was
placed in a contention set with Unicorn.   On 9-April, China Unicom filed for
formal Reconsideration
(link<http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/wang-to-crocker-et-al-09apr13-en.pdf>),
 suggesting that Visual Similarity alone was NOT a problem in this case.

Best case, China Unicom goes to the mic today in the Beijing Public forum about
this.

--
Steve DelBianco
Executive Director