ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] ICANN staff admits concerns about string confusion decisions

  • To: "bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx" <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>, John Berard <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zahid Jamil <zahid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] ICANN staff admits concerns about string confusion decisions
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 15:39:45 +0000

Here's what I just mentioned on the call and in the Chat.  Would be helpful for
John and Zahid to ask Christine/staff for  a progress report on their work on
this

See ICANN's Christine Willett video interview
here<http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/kits/video-willett-new-gtld-17sep13-en.htm>.

At 1:50 Christine discusses string confusion evaluations. She admits there are
concerns over experts' decisions and said, "There isn't an appeal process, but
Staff is working diligently with dispute resolution service providers to ensure
that all procedures have been followed and to look at the expert determinations
— we’re looking at these consistency issues."

Also see DomainIncite article
here<http://domainincite.com/14512-icann-looking-into-string-confusion-confusion>.

--
Steve DelBianco