ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[bc-gnso]

[bc-gnso] published for public comment: CCWG draft proposal for enhancing ICANN accountability

  • To: BC List <bc-gnso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [bc-gnso] published for public comment: CCWG draft proposal for enhancing ICANN accountability
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 01:19:25 +0000

Tonight the CCWG has published a draft proposal to enhance ICANN accountability
once the IANA contract is no longer there.

The public comment page is
here<https://www.icann.org/public-comments/ccwg-accountability-draft-proposal-2015-05-04-en>
 and the draft proposal is
here<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/cwg-accountability-draft-proposal-with-annexes-04may15-en.pdf>.

You’ll recognize many of the proposed community powers and stress tests, since
they were proposed almost a year ago by the BC.
(link<http://www.bizconst.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/BC-reply-comment-on-Enhancing-ICANN-Accountability-FINAL.pdf>)

The CCWG has a list of 15 structured questions to guide public comment.

As your rep on CCWG I will draft preliminary answers for BC member
consideration.  But I suggest all BC members review the proposal.

Comment period ends 3-Jun.

—Steve