ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

More dismay with "Lifting of Price Controls on Registry Services"

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: More dismay with "Lifting of Price Controls on Registry Services"
  • From: "Jarred Cohen" <jarred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:56:31 -0400

Allowing a loophole where the registry operator could, at their
discretion, charge different pricing on a per-domain basis should
never be allowed with this TLD. Not this time, not ever.
I plead that ICANN reject this agreement. It would be the beginning of
the end of this naming system as we know it.
ICANN needs to restrain the registry operator; prevent the possibility
for greediness to force many online businesses and other organizations
out of their domain and into alternatives - while abandoning their
existing brand.
It is very clear that ICANN is aware of this loophole, as proposed.
Think ahead. Please do not lift price controls to allow per-domain
pricing in this TLD, it's too valuable to global economies to issue a
kiss of death at this point in time.

Sincerely,
Jarred Cohen