ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Change in ICANN registry agreement

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Change in ICANN registry agreement
  • From: "David English" <milwaukiedave@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:11:46 +0900

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

My name is David English and I am writing to you in opposition of the
new ICANN registry agreement. Allowing registries to change the
renewal fees of a domain based on how popular or on what content they
post is ridiculous.

This goes against the very freedom of being able to start and develop
your own website. I have to honestly wonder why these changes are
being proposed, whether there are political motives or some other
reason. This combined with the Net Neutrality Act passed by the US
Congress this year will cripple the Internet as we know it.

I urge you to not implement these knew registry rules.

Sincerely,

--
David A. English, MBA