ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

.biz proposed changes

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .biz proposed changes
  • From: "drcpr" <drcpr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 09:28:18 -0700

To Whom It May Concern;

As the owner of domain names that affect our off-line real estate business, I
am shocked at the possibility of having to pay thousands for our names at
renewal time. Additionally, the internet business we have been building will be
at risk. In my opinion, this type of change/loop hole could mean a few have
control of many names & thus monopolize the net. I can also see this could put
a 'spin' on free press & free enterprise online.

Additionally I operate a few sites that create awareness about charitable
organizations & causes that are important to me. I  also redirect appropriate
names to established organiztions as my way of helping. The propsed changes
could alter an individual's ability to do that & thus impact many non-profit
groups, not to metion the possible cost the organiztions themselves.

I urge you to reconsider the proposed changes.

Respectfully,
Candy Rotering
drcpr@xxxxxxxxxxxx