ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Regarding the lifting of price controls on registry services

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Regarding the lifting of price controls on registry services
  • From: "Andrew Miller" <drewphy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:18:46 -0400

Hello Icann,

I have read the proposal regarding the change to eliminate the price
controls for .biz domains.  I find this to be an absolutely disasterous move
if changed (to lift the price controls).  As one who owns many .biz domains
which I use for my small business, I'm deeply concerned that this lifting of
the price controls could price me out of the ability to own these domains I
rely on for my business.  Further, I also feel very concerned that other
private users of these domains could be priced out of using them and thus
severly limit their ability freedom of use in expressing themselves on the
web.  I very strongly urge you to not lift these price controls and please
feel welcome to email me if I may offer any additional help to you as you
contemplate this matter.

Thank you again and I very much hope no action will be taken in this regard.

Thank you,
Andrew Miller
drewphy@xxxxxxxxx
+1.803.447.8777