ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

strong opposition to the lifting of price controls

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: strong opposition to the lifting of price controls
  • From: "Brenda Jones" <success@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:36:04 -0400

As a small business operator, with substantial goodwill invested in our
domain names, I wish to express my strong opposition to the lifting of price
controls. One of ICANN's core principles is the encouragement of competition
at both the registry and registrar levels. Such competition is incompatible
with the kind of unrestricted monopoly that these proposed agreements would
create. I therefore urge the board to reject the agreements.

Brenda Jones