ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to your "Variable pircing" scheme

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to your "Variable pircing" scheme
  • From: Allen Weber <hellodegi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:42:10 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

To Whom This May Concern,

I would like to enter my comments on the new pricing scheme you are considering.

While I understand your desire to tax the internet and take the funds to
increase your power, that is not in the public interest, and you are in your
position for the public interest.

There is NO NEED to radically change the structure of domain names on the
internet, unless your desire is to severely limit new businesses, and insure
that ONLY deep pocketed businesses are able to have web sites.

Your radical idea/concept of "variable pricing" of which I am opposed to is
dangerous to free speech, and free exchange of ideas.

Is your purpose to limit free exchange of ideas, free thought, the ability to
easily make new friends around the world, and severely restrain commerce for
all but the deep pocketed?

It is for these reasons that I AM OPPOSED TO YOUR VARIABLE PRICING SCHEME.

To make myself perfectly clear

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in developing
the domain names I own, and a user of many free sites, and one who has gained
considerable friendships and knowledge due to the internet as it now stands, I
am firmly opposed to the variable pricing of domain names by the .ORG registry
.BIZ registry, .INFO registry and even though it is not mentioned on
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-28jul06.htm I am firmly
opposed to the variable pricing on the .COM registry as well.

Respectfully,
Allen
Allen Weber