ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Variable Pricing is a Bad Idea

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Variable Pricing is a Bad Idea
  • From: "Joe Serpico" <joeserp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:54:03 -0400

I am firmly opposed to the variable pricing of domain names by the .biz
registry.

If, as a small business owner, I buy a domain name and work hard to build up
its value, why should the registrar benefit from my efforts, at my expense? If
this change is made, only large corporations will be able to afford to invest
in website operation, and the internet will suffer as a consequence.

Regards,
Joe Serpico