ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Just say NO to variable .biz pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Just say NO to variable .biz pricing
  • From: jason@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:52:55 -0700

ICANN Board,

Regarding the proposed TLD Registry Renewal Contracts for the .biz
domains, I would like to voice my objection to the variable pricing
component.  These rates would amount to arbitrary pricing by the
registry.  Domain name valuation is extremely subjective at best.  The
additional monies raised by this random an unfair system would only
serve to increase profits of the registry, and would only harm the end
user and the Internet in general.  Please reconsider this vague and
likely abusive component of the renewal agreement.

Thank you for your consideration,
J Kobinski
Continuum Web Solutions