ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

"market prices" for each .biz, .info, .org

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: "market prices" for each .biz, .info, .org
  • From: "Stephan Koenig" <stephan-koenig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:03:06 +0200

Dear Misses and Misters,

in permitting even the theoretical hiking of fees for domain name
renewals, ICANN is threatening nothing less than the democratic
nature of the Internet. As an individual, I have been using a .org
domain for some years for a political and social blog website. The
relatively low cost of renewing my domain name and hosting the site
is extremely important to me. Operating such a site now feels like an
extension of my free speech rights! I am counting on you not to do
anything to erode that.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Stephan König