ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: Steven Kennedy <scrsteven@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:12:54 -0400

To whom it may concern,

I am opposed to the new proposed contract that would allow variable pricing for .biz domain names.

This proposed change would only benefit the registrars- as is evident by the near unanimous opposition posted on this board.

As a multiple domain name owner, variable pricing would hurt my online business's profit margins and potentially put me out of business.

Variable pricing is also inherently biased if variable prices are assigned after domain names have already been registered and developed. I think there are serious legal issues with assigning different renewal prices to different companies based on how well they have already marketed their domain names.

I ask to you oppose variable pricing.

Regards,
Steven Kennedy