ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposition to variable pricing for .biz domains

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposition to variable pricing for .biz domains
  • From: "Lydia Frenzel" <lydiafrenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:41:15 -0500

I represent non-profit organizations.  I maintain several *.com and *.org
domains. We could use *.biz names. We don't make money from sales of
products.  We use these domains for information dissemination and for name
recognition.

The proposed changes in the org, biz, and info domains would be disasterous.
It is our entry point to the global community. We literally offer terrabytes
of free information and get requests for specific email from all over the
globe.

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in
developing the domain names I own, I am firmly opposed to the variable
pricing of domain names
by the .biz registry

Lydia Frenzel
San Marcos, Texas USA