ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

No to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to variable pricing
  • From: Cary Petterborg <carypetterborg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:10:15 -0700 (PDT)

I see the wisdom in removing cybersquatters from
owning non-useful websites tied to inexpensive domain
names, but there are better ways. This will only drive
people from becoming inventive on the internet because
they can't afford to purchase a domain name. As an
internet businessman I would find it difficult to
conduct business if I was required to pay more to
renew my domain based on someone else's evaluation of
the value of my domain. This would not be fair.

Please do not put variable pricing into practice.

Sincerely,

Cary Petterborg