ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

No to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, info-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, org-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to variable pricing
  • From: d.austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:44:10 +1000

I'm a small business owner and operator of a number of open source
projects with .org domains. I strongly oppose the introduction of
variable pricing for domain renewals.

I cannot imagine how a per-domain variable pricing structure would
achieve anything aside from the introduction of competing domain
services.  It appears to me to be an attempt at rampant price-gouging.
If ICANN cannot come up with anything better (or less vaguely worded),
I suggest that they abdicate!

Sincerely,

--
David