ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

AGREEMENT

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: AGREEMENT
  • From: NEU55@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:32:40 EDT

Gentlemen

It has come to my attention that you are planning to adopt an agreement  with
the registries of .info, .biz and .org that will allow those registries to
selectively price domain registration fees.  It is apparent that this may  be
in direct violation of the U.S. Constitution.

I realize that you are an international body, but you were created by the
U.S. Congress and subject to the jurisdiction of U.S. laws.  One of the  first
10 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution (Bill of Rights) is that which  creates
"Equal protection" and has been consistently enforced by U.S.  Courts.  By
entering into an agreement with these registries to allow them  to selectively
price individual domains, leaves you open and extremely  vulnerable to a law
suit declaring the application of your actions to be  unconstitutional as
denying
"equal protection" to owners of domains and web  sites that may have been
more successful or popular than others.

I therefore strongly urge you to reconsider this position or, in the
alternative, get your attorneys to guaranty that you are not in violation of
the
Constitution, or they wilol defend you in multiple lawsuits on no cost.

Very truly yours,

Howard Neu, Esq.
LAW OFFICE OF HOWARD NEU, P.A.
1152 NORTH UNIVERSITY  DRIVE