ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Opposed to variable pricing

  • To: <biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Opposed to variable pricing
  • From: "Stephanie Calahan" <stephanie.calahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:41:06 -0500

To whom it may concern:

As a small business owner who has made a considerable investment in both
time and funds developing the domain names I own, I am firmly opposed to the
variable pricing of domain names by the .biz, .org and .info registry.

My understanding was that the main purpose of ICANN was to serve the general
interest of the public rather than companies driven by profit. This proposal
can only benefit the latter, with little or no concern/benefits for the
general public.

I beleive that variable pricing will open the floodgates for the overpricing
of all domains.  The internet is a wonderful enviroment of free speech and
no-one should be

priced out of having the ability to run and own a domain name.  I
respectfully urge you to think this over, and I truly hope you will see the
long-term damage it may have on the continuous growth of e-commerce.

Kind Regards,

Stephanie L. H. Calahan - Calahan Solutions, Inc.

Professional Organizer, Coach & Speaker

Organization Consulting for Business Home and Life

T: 309.825.7833 . F: 309.422.7665

Member: National Association of Professional Organizers

Member: National Study Group on Chronic Disorganization

Member: National Association of Women Business Owners

Member: Better Business Bureau

Member: McLean County Chamber of Commerce

** Sign up for our newsletter today!  Visit
<http://www.calahansolutions.com/> http://www.calahansolutions.com and get
1000s of organizing tips! **

** Never forget a birthday or other important event again!  Visit
<http://www.organizemycards.com/> http://www.organizemycards.com and sign up
for a guest account! **