ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

Re: No To Variable Pricing of .biz Domains

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: No To Variable Pricing of .biz Domains
  • From: Chris Oakley <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:11:14 -0600

Hi,

As a small business owner I have made a considerable investment of time and
money in  developing the domain names I own.

This change would severly hinder thousands of small to medium business owners
and create a distinctly uneven playing field. I am, therefore, totally opposed
to the proposed variable pricing of domain names by the .biz registry.

A change of this magnitude should have been far more widely publicized. As most
internet business owners remain unaware of the proposal to switch to a variable
pricing scheme they will never have the opportunity to voice their opinion.

It is to be hoped this proposal will be dropped before any internet entrpreneur
is faced with a massive renewal bill without benefit of prior warning or
consultation.

Thank-you for listening,

Chris Oakley
http://www.seoplus.com