ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[biz-tld-agreement]

No to variable pricing

  • To: biz-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No to variable pricing
  • From: "Richard Hearne @ Red Cardinal" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:10:58 +0100

As a professional earning a living form the Internet, I feel that the introduction of variable pricing will alter the web landscape in a negative way. I feel that the potential for abuse of variable domain pricing by both registrars and those with influence (read money) over those registrars.

Discrimination on the Internet has proven time and again to have a negative effect, and unfortunately we can not rely on those with power to act in the best interests of
the greater community.

Sincerely,

Richard Hearne

--
Richard Hearne
Red Cardinal Limited

e:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
t:+353(0)86 818 8480

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the system manager or the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you in advance for your co-operation. Please e-mail webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you need assistance.